Everything I Know About Leadership I Learned From the Bible.
When bestselling author John C. Maxwell first began teaching leadership to people in the church, they were often surprised. He was clearly young and inexperienced, yet the ideas he conveyed seemed to go beyond what he should know. Later, when he started speaking to a more general audience, people asked, Where did you learn all this?
John was happy to let them in on his secret: everything he knew about leadership he learned from the Bible. Not only is the Bible the greatest book ever written, but it is the greatest leadership book ever written. Everything you could ever want to learn about leadership-vision, purpose, strategy, communication, attitude, encouragement, mentoring, follow-through-can be found in the pages of God's Word.
In this twenty-one lesson study, John guides you through the same bedrock Scriptures that have formed the basis of his life's work. Each lesson includes:
- The Definition of the Law: a brief description and introduction to the Law
- Case Studies: Three Biblical Studies-including leaders such as Moses, Joshua, David, Elijah, Esther, Mary, Paul, and Jesus-that reveal and illustrate the Law
- Study Questions: reflection and application questions to help you dig into the stories of the men and women in Scripture and learn from them
- Leadership Insight and Reflection: questions to help you assess and improve your own leadership skills
- Taking Action: practical takeaways and direction to help you incorporate each lesson into your daily life
- Group Discussion Questions: questions to help you learn and process the Bible study material with other like-minded people who want to grow in leadership
Leadership is for everyone, because every person who accepts Christ is called to influence others. So learn from the best leaders who ever lived-the men and women in the Bible.
AUTHOR: John C. Maxwell is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, coach, and speaker who has sold more than thirty million books in fifty languages. He has been identified as the #1 leader in business by the American Management Association and the most influential leadership expert in the world by Business Insider and Inc. magazines. He is the founder of the John Maxwell Company, the John Maxwell Team, EQUIP, and the John Maxwell Leadership Foundation, organizations that have trained millions of leaders from every country of the world. The recipient of the Mother Teresa Prize for Global Peace and Leadership from the Luminary Leadership Network, Dr. Maxwell speaks each year to Fortune 500 companies, presidents of nations, and many of the world's top business leaders. He can be followed at Twitter.com/JohnCMaxwell. For more information about him, visit JohnMaxwell.com.