Written for kids ages 8-12, this Bible-based book draws on content from Max Lucado's bestselling book Anxious for Nothing to help young people overcome the anxiety and pressures of today's world and come to a deeper understanding of God's constant, loving presence.
In this chaotic age of social media, packed schedules, and an increasing awareness of the world's problems, it's normal for young people to feel overwhelmed sometimes. But the good news of the gospel has not changed. This encouraging, let's-start-now book is the perfect tool to help tweens take control of their feelings and choose to focus on God's truth.
This much-needed book adapts content from You Are Not Alone as well as from Anxious for Nothing, which has sold over 900,000 copies. With the warmth and authenticity that has made him a beloved pastor and writer, Max Lucado offers young readers:
- biblical hope and powerful strategies to help them flourish under the mounting struggles of the middle grade years
- encouragement that God is near, He cares, and He listens
- truths to claim for themselves in difficult moments
- practical ways to work through their worries and rely on God's faithfulness
This special edition of Anxious for Nothing also includes:
- a note to kids from the author
- age-appropriate application questions, journal prompts, and activities that guide kids in Christ-focused mindfulness
- callouts and infographics featuring key verses, facts, and takeaways
- sidebars addressing technology-related stress
Practical, motivating, and biblically grounded, Anxious for Nothing (Young Readers Edition) is a timely book for any tween who sometimes feels overwhelmed, lonely, or anxious, or who simply wants to know more of God's abundant joy and peace.
AUTHOR: Since entering the ministry in 1978, Max Lucado has served churches in Miami, Florida; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; and San Antonio, Texas. He currently serves as Teaching Minister of Oak Hills Church in San Antonio. He is America's bestselling inspirational author with more than 140 million products in print. Visit his website at MaxLucado.com Facebook.com/MaxLucado Instagram.com/MaxLucado Twitter.com/MaxLucado Andrea Lucado is a freelance writer based in Austin, Texas. She is the author of English Lessons: The Crooked Path of Growing Toward Faith. Before taking on writing full time, she worked in the Christian publishing industry as a book publicist. She has a master's degree in English literature from Oxford-Brookes University and contributes regularly to online and print publications such as Relevant magazine and She Reads Truth. When she is not conducting interviews or writing stories, you can find her laughing with friends at a coffee shop or running in the Texas hill country.