The New Testament Experience: The Gospels for the Modern World is specifically designed to reach the next generation of believers and bring them a fresh insight into the Gospels and the relevance of the Word of God to their lives today.
Using the ESV translation and photography to bring the key characters and stories of each Gospel to life, this modern and immersive Bible aims to create a beautiful and engaging resource for the believer and for the local church leader. It is a tool to equip the youth of the Church and new Christians with the life and teaching of Jesus Christ.
The New Testament Experience works with a broad international team of photographers and creatives, depicting the gospels in the modern world. Each gospel is set in a different city: Matthew in London; Mark in New York City; Luke in Sydney; John in Bogota. There are also 7 articles to teach key themes found in the gospels, these include: The Life of Jesus, The Gospels, Grace, The Holy Spirit, The Church, Prayer and The Bible. At the start and end of each gospel there are sections bringing pertinent insights and context to the key themes.
This book utilises the method employed by Jesus himself to engage with and teach the people that followed him - the method of storytelling. Inspired by teaching through parables, The New Testament Experience works with the scriptures as a basis for the visual representation of the stories found in the gospels but for a 21st century audience.
- Images brings the key characters and story of each Gospel to life in a modern context.
- The spirit and narrative of the Bible is visually captured as scriptures are presented in a modern, readable and relevant way.
- The reader is encouraged to visualise and remember stories and key scriptures that will inspire and shape their thinking of Jesus.
- Full colour images and 8.75 point type face for easy reading
- An ideal introduction to the bible for New Christians
- A compelling resource for parents and youth leaders buying for teens and young adults.
- Short features dispersed throughout the Bible.
Carlos Darby is the Creative Director of Abrupt Media and looks after Bibles and Religious Publishing for William Collins. He studied Fashion Business at the London College of Fashion and earned a degree from Nottingham Trent in Fashion Marketing and Communications. His previous books include NT Bible 'WORD' (Hillsong, 2009), The One: Experience Jesus (Thomas Nelson, 2015), Fearfully Made: Positively Shaping Society (SPCK, 2019) and The New Testament Experience: The Gospels for the Modern World (ESV / Collins, 2019). His passion is to reach a visual generation by creating dynamic resources. He has two children, Maya and India, and lives with his wife Katie in London.
(Abrupt-Media.com + @AbruptMedia)